Saturday, March 17, 2007

Real Progress!

Well, this procrastinators' craftalong is proving to be a great inspiration for me to finish things, and more to the point, not to start new ones. So..... let's see, I've finished (and worn) the blue scarf from Lavish Lace, and the pink and gray horseshoe lace scarf, very very soft, but strange to have a right and wrong side in a scarf. And the cashmere "cat's paw" lace scarf is sitting waiting for soaking and blocking. It feels great to have these three more lace pieces done. The cashmere has been OTN for several years (since '04, I think). It's very interesting that the fabric made with the same yarn, pattern and needles, is much looser in the portion I've done now. Alice points out it's all about learning to make (and be comfortable with) lace.

This has been an opportunity to see how fickle I really am, and how much more I am a "starter" than a "finisher". I must have not started 10 projects in this couple of weeks -- knit, crochet and fabric. So, I've gotten a ton of books out of the library on all of these subjects! And that's been fun. Also found a Kaffe Fasset video which was neat -- of course made me want to try intarsia....

So it's on to the two pairs of started socks. One pair has been OTN for a while, the others (pink mixture) I began in Guatemala and that's what I'm working on now.

No comments: