Monday, March 05, 2007

March already


Haven't been on for a while. I went to Guatemala in early February with CCIMT -- a medical mission group from my area. It's something I've wanted to do for years and really glad to be able to go. I am now trained to do rural medicine exams for eyeglasses (mostly reading). It was great to help people see again -- 'was blind but now I see' -- hey, you can't beat that.

On the home front - massage school is done and now i've got to study for licensing exam. I'm thinking I'll look for a space to sublet in my area and try to develop a small practice with knitters, spinners, weavers, stitchers and musicians.

Vocationally, I am in serious conversation about a job that will be 15 hours a week until next winter, then full time to cover a sabbatical through the summer, then over but with a continuing relationship with the institution. that's perfect for me, and I hope it all works out It will start sometime between April and July.

In the meantime, I'm still doing the school job -- not teaching til fall but advising, counseling, doing some program work and running my charity knitting project.

All this means I have a little more free time -- and want to use it to get through projects underway and move forward with more freeform fiber work of various kinds. I started scrumbling yesterday and I see addiction on the horizon! Pictures soon.

No comments: