Wednesday, November 23, 2005

November 23, 2005

Well, I've been meaning to try this for a while and here goes. With what seems like a million projects, mostly knitting but also needlepoint, quilting, cross stitch, etc., I hope this will help me keep track, keep on track and let my friends track what I'm doing. Right now I'm working on the first scarf from Lavish Lace, I've been lace-impaired for as long as I been knitting (a pretty long time, but I was only 7 when I learned) and it's actually working! Very exciting and I'm realizing that lace requires a different approach to knitting. I knit like I type, fast and not always accurate, but hey I can make corrections. So I knit and correct at the movies, in the car, etc. Figured out you can't do that with lace. Got to watch the hands and what you're doing. Hmmm. Also finishing a Hanne Falkenburg kimono I started 6 or 7 years ago, a ruffled coat from Elite's new book that is using up a batch of Inca I've had for even longer, a philosopher's wool fair isle for my daughter -- it's ready to cut the steeks, but I'm not, but she's home from college so it's a good time to do it, I guess. Also a Chinese red wild stuff cardigan that was a birthday present and I'd really like to get done for Christmas. that's the major knitting in process, not to mention the UFO's. Just finished my first venture into felting -- great great great fun. Can't wait to do more. Also, the above-mentioned daughter is finally coming to her senses and getting more serious about knittting (so great about college kids....all her friends knitjust like we did!) so she's working on a soon-to-be-felted hat with earflaps from the Interweave hat book. Ok, that's the knitting in the house.

Also, there's sewing and quilting and applique. And needlepoint, I'm trying to finish a Chinese take out purse also in time for Christmas, though I'm sure they can't put it together that fast. And I'm on my way to Hooks and Needles, a cross stitch store in Walpole MA, to see if I can figure out a cross stitch piece to celebrate the civil union of two good friends in CT next month, with mermaids, which they collect.

No comments: