Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Back to real life, and the beginning of the liturgical year. Great vacation at home with daughter home from college. She desired, began and finished her felted earflap hat and wore it back to college. Looks great, but a little itchy for her, we'll have to try to do a lining over Christmas. I've almost finished the Hanne Falkenberg kimono jacket. As she says, the yarn does soften up really nicely when washed and blocked. I just have to sew down the pocket flaps and neckband. It'll be great to actually wear it.... Hopefully, a really useful garment.

Too much stash!!! I went looking for white mohair with gold thread through it that I bought on the Vineyard a couple of years ago to make a shawl for a civil union celebration I'm attending this weekend. I and couldn't find it, but boy I found a lot of other stuff I'd forgotten about. Another day's work. Today I have to do stuff for my quilt guild, we have a board meeting tonight.

On the knitting front, working on the ruffle for the ruffled jacket I hate everything I know about short rows. Looked in all my books and then on the net and found "Japanese" short rows, using a pin instead of a wrap. I'll have to try it, because these ruffles are yards of short rows and I do mean yards. I had hoped this sweater would be in the dark knitting, but no more.

No comments: