Thursday, January 26, 2012

Decided on a knitting program for this year:  it's even got a catchy name:

"Simple Scarf/Shawl Stash Buster".  I have a drawerful of sock yarn - fingering and sport that is appropriate for one skein scarves and shawls  I have more socks than I need and have so much trouble getting hand knit socks to fit that (at least for now) I have no desire to pursue sock knitting.
I am collecting simple scarves and shawls made for one skein on Ravelry and will work my way through the sock yarn drawer.  If anyone likes something, I will happily gift it to them.
So far, a couple of potato chip (ruffled) boas out of a mohairy yarn -- one if which i will keep; and I'm working on "Boomerette" from Ursa Major with a gorgeous skein of Blue Heron in greens and browns, actually that one may stay with me too.  But there a year or two of skeins from the BMF sock club that are in colors that aren't mine; those will be fun to experiment with and pass on.



No comments: