Saturday, December 10, 2005

Day after big surprise snowstorm. A good day to not have to go out into the world and I didn't. Did some work via email, mostly spent time in my sewing/knitting/needlepoint/office etc room sorting fabric, of which I have almost as much as yarn. Now I have the various collections of stuff I love, bought with specific projects or dreams in mind or just because I loved it and -- separately -- the stuff I don't love but can cut up to make 'comfort quilts' for charity. Felt great to do the sorting and to re-visit what-all I have. Next step is the yarn -- though that's in much better shape, organized by (a) projects under way; (b) intended projects; (c) enough yarn to make something, but I don't know what; (d) sock and shawl yarn; (e) baskets and baskets of scrap yarn pretty much sorted by color. Just need to visit it all again.

No comments: